Sunday, June 16, 2019

Goings On

My elder son is traveling today, so we spent yesterday at his home and celebrated Father's Day. It was a beautiful day, so we cooked ribs on the grill and played badminton in the back yard for a while. While we played, my granddaughter was running all over the place, trying to scoop up all the birdies, lol. She was worn out by bedtime.

Last weekend we stayed at the lake. Sunday morning the water was so still that the sky and the mountain across the lake were perfectly reflected in the water. This is the view from our living room window. I am putting together a small sewing room upstairs by the window so I can see the lake.

I found this jack-in-the-pulpit in bloom in the yard, a couple of them, in fact. Several weeks ago I found some enormous red trilliums. We must have missed the early bloomers, so I'm hoping to see some ladies' slippers next spring. 

I still haven't learned to scale back my expectations for setting goals in the sewing room, working on that, lol. Between finishing up the Yankee Puzzle quilts and the pizza box challenge, there wasn't much time left for anything else, including my project for One Monthly Goal. This Yankee Puzzle wasn't my stated goal for May, but it was my finish for the month.

I quilted this scrappy one for my friend, same pattern, different arrangement. My quilt chapter has made quite a few of these, and it's amazing sometimes how different they look.

I also finished the last round of our pizza box challenge a week ago, SO glad to get that finished. The reveal is Wednesday, and I am sure everyone is anxious to see the finishes.

Although One Monthly Goal for May was a fail for me, I did make some headway on the Star Crazy quilt. I have two more rows of half square triangles to sew for the top and bottom, then it will be smoother sailing for the last three borders, all plain.

I have started my work for Maine Quilts 2019 this month, so I knew better than to set a OMG for June. I'll chip away at it as I have the time. I am also cutting and kitting up blocks for Lori Holt's Christmas Vintage book that was just released. Looking forward to starting on that.

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

as a child we lived in e winthrop on a dirt road...at the end of the road was town land with a reservoir, fenced in..but outside the fence were lady slippers and jack-in-the-pulpits to be found...that was about 63 years ago...i can still see them....and tell me about pizza box challenge? might be an idea for our guild...