Monday, March 28, 2022

The 21-Year Pineapple Project

That is the official name of the pineapple quilt because that's just about how long it took me to finish it. What started as a block swap amongst internet friends stretched out for years. Nonetheless, it is finally quilted, labeled, bound, and ready for quilt show in July. It was worth the wait because I love it. 

I quilted it in a variegated yellow thread, using the Pina Colada pantograph, a pineapple motif, from Urban Elementz.
 


The quilting shows up splendidly in the border. 


 


I thought maybe I wanted the quilt to be larger, but I couldn't work out the math for the additional borders, so I wound up with extra pineapple blocks. Didn't think I'd use them in another project, so I put them on the back of the quilt, along with a couple of orphan blocks. Good way to get rid of those too!Yay!


5 comments:

Chantal said...

Stunning! A masterpiece! I'm so in love with it. Love the pieced border. It adds so much. You couldn't have made it any better even if you work on it for another 21 years. Bravo! ;^)

Julie Fukuda said...

Congratulations on the wonderful finish. How cleavor to add the leftovers to the backing.I love how those colorful blocks all go together. I have one quilt with blocks made by friends long ago, and it still brings me joy and fond memories each time it spreads on my bed.

Judy S. said...

That quilt is absolutely gorgeous. What a great finish! Congratulations! I'll bet it would win lots of prizes at a quilt show.

cityquilter grace said...

that is totally beautiful...worth the wait and all the angst...perfect quilting pattern too!

cityquilter grace said...

very very nice...love it...saw you on the tacoma lakes blog...so fun to put a face with name...