Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April OMG Done!

My goal for April was to finish Yankee Puzzle #3, and I just finished mere minutes ago. Whew! I knew it was nuts to hope I could get three more quilts finished and bound; but without the push from OMG, I'm sure I wouldn't have finished this one either.

To see what goals others have accomplished this month, click here

I quilted it with a pantograph called Spilled Ink, and it was harder than I anticipated to stay on the lines when I quilted it. So it's very....organic, lol. But, as the Dear Janers used to say, finished is better than perfect.

It's been such a busy month. My granddaughter stayed with us for nearly two weeks while her mum and dad were traveling out of state. Mini is a toddler, so she was all over the place, running up and down the length of the house playing. No chance of getting any sewing done while she was awake, and I was just too darn tired after she went to bed in the evenings.

There was clean up after she went back home, which was just last Wednesday; then a Saturday meeting, and moving one of my sons to a new location on Sunday. Truthfully, I'm amazed I managed to get this quilt finished.

I am leaving for a quilt retreat on Thursday for four days, and I am so looking forward to it. I plan to work on a few projects that I want to work on, not those I should be working on--all paper pieced, two scrappy, one planned. I won't finish any of them, but it'll be fun.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I feel your pain. Love those grandkids but boy they can wear you out! And, ditto for crashing after they fall asleep. Have fun on your retreat. I'm cutting and planning what I'll work on in 2 weeks when I join friends for a retreat. Excitement is building.

Patty said...

Beautiful quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Judy S. said...

Hope you had fun on the Retreat! Those grand kids have a way of making one feel their age, don't they?