Tuesday, April 2, 2019

One Monthly Goal for April

I started the last of the three Yankee Puzzle quilts for my quilt chapter's charity project this year, and my goal this month is to finish the quilt in its entirety. I am having a house guest for a couple of weeks in the middle of the month, so I hope it's not an overly ambitious goal. To see what goals others have set for themselves for the month of April or to sign up, click here.

These are 24-block quilts, and I have just the 6 blocks made so far, so 18 to finish up plus a little 4" border will bring it up to the size I need. The blocks finish to 13-1/2", so they'll go quickly as long as I make the time to sit down and do it. 
Yankee Puzzle #2 is on the frame waiting for quilting....

...and Yankee Puzzle #1 is still waiting for a backing.

On top of all that, I'd also like to get my QOV quilted and bound. Four quilts finished and out the door this month would be lovely. I think this might be the last of my charity projects for several months, until I get more of my own projects done.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Great blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck with your project!

Judy S. said...

Nice! I finished my April knitting goal, but still have a quilt I need to complete.