Thursday, April 14, 2022

Bon Bon

First, thank you to Grace, Judy, and Julie for your lovely comments on my pineapple quilt. I've had trouble getting Blogger to forward comments to my regular email. After I complained about it one day on the blog, Wanda from Exuberant Color said that Blogger doesn't seem to forward her comments if they source from aol or yahoo. 

Yesterday, I discovered that Blogger actually did forward all the comments from the Pineapple quilt post. One of them landed in my mailbox. The other 4 went right into the Spam mailbox, which never gets anything, so I rarely check it. There they all were. It's always something with Blogger.

Back to Barbara's scrap bag, one of the piles I sorted was neutrals. I further sorted those into tans, creams, white tone on tones, low volume prints, and solids. I had just barely started the Bon Bon quilt when Barbara gave me her scrap bag, and I was using a solid white background so I could use that fabric up. All of the white solids from the scrap bag promptly went into the quilt and have already been used up.

Bon Bon is a free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop. It is a very simple, very quick quilt to make; and it uses a precut called a Jolly Bar, which is exclusive to them. A jolly bar is a stack of rectangles cut 5 x 10"; so depending on the pattern, you could substitute two charm packs or part of a layer cake. I happened to have on hand 4 identical charm packs I found at a good sale at Marden's, so I'm using them in the Bon Bon quilt. 

I had the block components assembled for 16 blocks for a 30-block quilt, and I put the 16 blocks together today. The other 14 block components are cut, and I just have to sit down and sew them. The quilt used most of two charm packs, so I'll have enough to make another quilt to use up the rest. The first quilt is meant to be a charitable donation, the second will go to a girl in the family.
 

3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Wow, 16 blocks! Looks like you're on a roll. I think Mr. Google just doesn't want anything to do with Mr. Yahoo. I did get a gmail address so I could keep my blog, but since I keep my yahoo most used, I still have problems and people not able to comment.

Judy S. said...

No worries! It's great to see your posts. Blogger can be annoying, that's for sure. Looks like you've got another great quilt started!

Chantal said...

Hello Sue. I am having problems with the comments on my blog too. Arghhh! Why does Google make it so hard for their clients to use their product? I don't get it. I'll check my spam box to see if the comments landed there. Love your Bon Bon blocks. Will you set them on point? Enjoy! ;^)