After finishing up most of my work for the month of June, I dedicated myself to finishing Granddaughter's birthday quilt. Unicorn Abstraction was a kit from VioletCraft, and it has all the elements my DGD loves--a unicorn, rainbow colors, stars, and metallic fabrics. And she loved it when she got it for her birthday.
The quilt finishes at 60" x 60", and the entire quilt is paper pieced. The pattern was well done, and I had no trouble assembling the pattern.
I used the Sewline glue pen on the regular fabrics, but that didn't hold the metallics down well at all. So I resorted to Roxanne's Glue Baste It, which worked a little too well. I found it a bit difficult to remove the paper in those spots, but I'm sure it all washed out in the end.
here describing my Scrap Bag Challenge.
My quilt chapter found a new organization to donate to this year, called C.R.O.W.N.S. They are an organization local to Maine that provides assistance for women and girls who are being trafficked in the state. I found it shocking to discover that this goes on in Maine. C.R.O.W.N.S. was asking for quilts about 50" x 60", and that is just about the size of this one, so it will go to them.
The original quilt pattern called for more blocks to make a square quilt, and the blocks were to be set in a Trip Around the World pattern. I wanted a smaller rectangular quilt, so I settled on this zig zag sort of design. I like it just fine.
I quilted it with the Popcorn pantograph by Jodi Beamish.