Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Christmas Week

Okay, the weatherman was right after all about the snow totals for Saturday's storm. It snowed here all day Saturday, and we wound up with about 9 inches. 


 

I took advantage of a shut-in day to finish the quilting on the Ribbon Candy quilt. Haven't had a chance to trim it up yet, and I surely will not have time to do the binding this week because I still have bowl cozies to finish up before Christmas. But I would love to get this done the week after Christmas and get one more finish in before the end of the year.

I also have some baking I'd like to do. Sunday we drove down to the southern part of the state to drop off some Christmas gifts to my granddaughter's mother's house. My (ex)daughter-in-law loves the stuff called Christmas Crack, which is basically like one of those Chex mixes, with the cereals, pretzel sticks, M&Ms, plus whatever else you want to add, all coated in melted white chocolate. It's pretty addictive once you start eating it. If I can get it made this week, I'll send a tin full down to her when my granddaughter comes for family Christmas on Monday. 

Day 18 of the Advent Calendar was a leatherette cutout of a chick that you stitch together to make a little coin purse. Very cute. The company mascot is a yellow chick, not a duck--I had that wrong. 

Day 19 was a very nice coffee cup with some good weight to it. I have a collection of probably 25 quilt related coffee mugs. Don't ask me why I started collecting them, I just did; so this one will go into the collection. 










Today is Day 20, and there was a rainbow pack of charm squares in the box. There is a project coming up that uses these squares, and I can't wait to see what it is!


2 comments:

Chantal said...

Your landscape looks exactly like mine. It's so beautiful though. Great job on the Ribbon Candy. I don't buy cups with a theme because I know I'll end up with an entire collection in no time. Everybody will give me one as they know I'm a desperate coffeeholic. The coin purse looks so cute. Enjoy the goodies! ;^)

Sandy said...

That's a lot of snow, sorry you have to deal with it. Makes getting around doing chores etc hard no doubt. Not to mention the cold. It's been so cold this year. Today will be our first day above freezing in about 10 days. We've been single digits and some negative single digits. Take heart though it's 89 days until Spring. Sounds like you've been busy, it's such a busy time of the year. LOVE your quilt...it's bright and cheerie and makes me think of spring and summer and nicer weather. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.