Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Another June Finish

I finished the Letters to Santa QAL quilt, which I renamed Family Christmas, a few days ago. I chose a pantograph called Nancy's Flakes from Dave Hudson for the quilting, and my longarm quilter did a great  job quilting it. 


The show theme this year for Maine Quilts 2023 is 'Christmas in July', and this quilt was entered in that division. The paper pieced palm tree, which has 51 pieces, is my nod to the 'July' part of 'Christmas in July'. 

Love this backing, which came from Marden's. They had it in three colors--red and green, green and white, and red and white, and I bought a lot of all three colors. I'll be sorry the day I use it all up!
 


 


2 comments:

Chantal said...

You got the pedal to the metal, girl! Congrats on a lovely finish! Love that palm tree. ;^)

Judy S. said...

Very nice! And all ready for Christmas quite a bit early! The backing is perfect and makes me think of candy canes.