Sunday, January 28, 2024

Last Finish for January

You've probably heard of the Disappearing Four Patch? This is my Disappearing Sampler. This was from an online class in November, taught by Brita Nelson, the Questioning Quilter. She has a channel on YouTube where she teaches some Disappearing patterns, and I've been following her for a while. 

I thought her class would be fun, and it was, but also very stressful, which was my own fault because I hadn't prepared properly. She had us cut fabric ahead of the class AND sew up the starting blocks, like the four-patches and the churn dashes. None of which I did because I wasn't paying attention.

In the class, she directed us to cut up the blocks we sewed and shift the parts into different positions to create new blocks. I tell you, I was cutting and sewing furiously--I never made so many blocks so fast, lol, but it all worked out in the end.  

Originally I had planned to just watch the class and decided at the last minute to actually sew. So I grabbed the fabric closest to me and used it. Not a fabulous choice, but it served its purpose. Going forward, it will be a good reference for some other disappearing quilts I'd like to try.  

I finished the quilting the other day with a pantograph called Spinner. I hadn't used it before, but I do like the texture it created.

1 comment:

Chantal said...

I love your quilt. I wouldn't be able to name any of these blocks because they've all disappeared, lol. Joke aside, it is lovely. I've learned a few lessons from my last quilt too. I like the quilting too. Spinner adds some movement to the quilt. Very well done! ;^)