Friday, January 19, 2024

Winter Garden

These are my Winter Garden blocks, from a kit by Julie Burton of Running Stitch Quilts. I discovered her website late last year and found her Garden series. There are three so far; waiting for the last one, Autumn Garden, to drop within the next month, hopefully. 

I liked all of the Garden blocks soon as I saw them. Not throwing in the towel with traditional quilts, but I need a change. After following several modern quilting blogs for a couple of years now, this year I've decided to finally start making some modern quilts. Maybe modern traditional would be more like it, lol.

These are big blocks, 20 in a throw-sized quilt, so I am making one a day, sewing each row as I complete the four blocks in the row. The plan is to finish the top by the end of the month.

I have never been one to do all the cutting up front, but I've done this a few times recently and love having the cutting all done. A word to the wise though--make up one block before you cut up all your fabric in case you don't like it!

After the cutting was finished, I laid out all the pieces for each block....

... stacked them all up in order on paper plates, and I just pull one off the top of the pile everyday to sit down and sew. Sew convenient!
 

1 comment:

Chantal said...

I love Winter Garden too. The colours are just beautiful together. Love how you organized your pieces. You have the best picture in your header. I love it! I bet you got more snow than we did. Enjoy! ;^)