I rooted around in my stash the other day and came up with this red-violet marbled print to use for the middle border in the Jewel Box quilt. It's exactly the color I wanted, and I think it's perfect. I could have wasted lots of time trying to hunt something down in the quilt shops, so I'm happy I had it in the stash. I've gotten some mileage out of this particular piece of fabric--I used it in the Monticello quilt that I made a few years back too.
The first two borders are sewn on, and the outer border is cut and ready for sewing. I have to mentally psych myself up to cut and sew these border prints because the corners have to be matched precisely and mitered for them to look right, and I'm not really very fond of mitering. I will love this quilt when it's finished though, so it's worth the trouble to get it right.