Thursday, November 29, 2012

Easy Street Part 1

The last thing I should be doing right now is starting another quilt, but when I saw the colors Bonnie Hunter was using in her mystery quilt this year, I said to heck with it and jumped right in. I rarely use lime greens, cool aquas, and purples in my quilts, but I have plenty of them. Don't ask me why--I don't know--but this is a fine time to use them. I think this combination of colors, plus the gray and the black and whites, is spectacular.

I've wanted to make a black and white quilt for years, and I recently acquired a couple of large scrap bags from an auction that contained a lovely collection of black and white scraps, so I only had to buy a couple yards of gray, and that's it. All the rest came from the stash.
192 four-patch units are required to complete Part 1 of the Easy Street mystery, and so far I've made 100. I didn't decide immediately that I was going to start the mystery, so I lost a couple of days. Part 2 will be released tomorrow, so I'll try to get all caught up by the time Part 3 is released.

The weather has turned much colder in Maine. The low tonight is supposed to be 14 degrees, 12 degrees tomorrow night. Wonder when we're going to get some snow.


Denise said...

I saw that she was doing another Mystery quilt and was tempted but I really can't start another quilt. I am currently working on a mystery quilt that finishes in December and I can't wait to see it finished, I'll be watching the progress on yours!

Judy S. said...

You are a busy one! I love the tree skirt. All those amazing triangles! Great colors on the new quilts. A black/white one is on my list for some day.....