I haven't sewn a thing this week except a handful of border units
for the Lazy Sunday mystery. I'm still not finished with Part 3, but all
I have left to do is the border units, and I have nearly 60 left to
make. I've done all the cutting for Part 4 though, so once I finish the
border units, I'll be able to start sewing the top together.
is not the final layout. There's a row missing across the bottom
(because it wouldn't all fit on the design wall), and there's sashing
that goes in between the blocks.
I want to have the top completed by the end of the month.
The Curvy quilt is now quilted, bound, and labeled. My quilt chapter has decided to do it as a workshop, but not until next year, so I have some time before I have to start on the second one.
The Turning Twenty has been quilted as well but I'm still working on hand stitching the binding. One side done, three to go.
The fabric I used on the back was one of those what-was-I-thinking purchases, and I think I bought 10 yards of it. It actually worked out well for the back of this quilt, and I got rid of 6 yards. It was called Rainbow Jungle on the selvage, which I think is a pretty good name for the quilt.
This pantograph from Linda Taylor was the most jungle-y looking design I had, so I used it for the quilting.
I plan to have this one done by the end of the month too.
The Bugs in a Jar strippy was quilted with a dragonfly pantograph. Such a cute print for a kid's quilt, and I love the bright colors. The back is a lime green flannel. I've got another one of these made up, only with yellow strips where the orange is. I never get tired of these strippys, and they are all donated.
I doubt I'll get the binding on this one done by the end of the month.
Credit where credit is due: Curvy designed by Mark Lipinski, from Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting May/June 2013