Monday, January 6, 2020

A Finished Top and A Finished Quilt

I finished the top of my little Twister quilt this afternoon. The prints in the quilt have little hippos and baby feet and stuff like that. Just a sweet fabric collection and a sweet little quilt. I'm calling it "It's A Girl", which is the name of the fabric collection (Riley Blake). There is an It's a Boy fabric collection too that is still available. It was so simple and quick to make that I look forward to another Twister quilt with a different size ruler.

I like to put flannel on the backs of my baby quilts, and I thought I had some white flannel with a pink dot on it; but I must have used it. So I'm gonna try to get out tomorrow to find something. I have about 50,000 yards of fabric and nothing for the back of this quilt. Sheesh.

Credit where credit is due: from the book, Let's Twist by Marsha Bergren. I saw the border treatment in a photo online, maybe Pinterest, and figured out how to make that myself.

Woodland Scenes was one of my One Monthly Goals for November, but I didn't get it finished until Dec 3. Even though it was last year, I thought I'd go ahead and post it.

The entire quilt, front and back, is flannel. I found a pantograph that had trees, stars and moons on it, and I'm happy with the way the quilting turned out.

I thought I might take this one to camp, but hubby has claimed it and is putting it to good use on his recliner, lol.

Credit where credit is due: posted Nov 3, 19.

1 comment:

Chantal said...

Double congratulations! You are starting the year on the right foot with two finishes. Way to go! ;^)