Tuesday, February 4, 2020

OMG for February and A Finish

Happy Trails is my One Monthly Goal for February, to finish the top, quilt and bind it.

To see what goals others have set for themselves, click here. Evidently the process has changed slightly, and you must click the InLinkz block at the end of the post to see all the entries.

I need 24 blocks for Happy Trails, then I'll sash them with cornerstones and add a border for a twin sized quilt. There are only two rounds of triangles around the center four patch, and I have the first round of triangles sewn to the remaining blocks. One more round and assembly of the top can commence.

I finished the Heat Wave quilt this evening. It has been a long time coming--one of my oldest UFOs--and I am very pleased it's finally finished. I hand dyed this 8-piece gradation of fabrics plus the background 20+ years ago and started this project with them. I barely had enough of the red to finish the project, so I wound up using a red batik for the binding. Looks just fine.

One of my friends quilted flames in all of the spiky pieces with a variegated thread and a simple meander of a sort in the background areas. It was exactly what I wanted, and she did a fantastic job.
The background is also hand dyed but not by me. Not nearly as bright as the front, but I've had this piece for years too and wanted to use it up.

Credit where credit is due: Heat Wave by Karen K Stone.

2 comments:

dq said...

OH wow! NO words are needed for this beautiful post! It looks like Heat Wave and Happy Trails are on their way. I would love to have a heat wave this month. From the looks of your banner photo, you might too. By the way, your snowy picture is gorgeous! It looks like a place I would love to visit.

Patty said...

Great blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your projects.