Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Blogger Basics

Blogging is a new endeavor for me, so I'm trying to spend a few minutes each day learning one new thing about editing. Creating a blog is certainly easy enough, but fine tuning it will require more time.

Yesterday I decided I'd like to add a counter to my blog, and Mary was kind enough to share with me how to do this. My elder son came up for supper this evening and actually helped me implement it. He learned html in an after school program in the sixth grade, and he's been a whiz with computers ever since. Besides helping me set up the counter, he also showed me how to fix a few little things in the coding that were bugging me. I can see that learning some basic html might also be beneficial.

My son liked the Quilt for an Hour project, so it will be his when I finish it. I really wanted to make him a flannel quilt last month but just couldn't manage it. I did finish a flannel quilt for my younger son for Christmas to use in the dorm. I had worked with flannel once before and swore I'd never do it again. Flannel seems to stretch when you sew it, but I liked these fabrics so much (especially considering where we live) that I had to give it another try. A little coaxing with a seam ripper to push it along over the feed dogs was all it took. My good friend Ann quilted it using a pantograph with moose, bears, and trees. I just loved the result and am now anxious to try another flannel quilt.

Credit where credit is due:
Cabin in the Woods quilt design by Kevin Daniels

No comments: