Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Stash Report

I had another interesting week as far as the stash report goes, but I am sliding ever deeper into the hole. This week I bought 12 yards, which will go for borders and sashings on 3 different quilts. Also remember that I used a bunch of my Christmas fat quarters in the Theresa's Stars quilt, and that was the whole point, right, to use them up? Well, I was horrified at the prospect of not having a selection of Christmas fabrics for some future project, so I went out and bought another 4-1/2 yards of new fat quarters! I also bought 3 yards of a couple of tone on tones for strippies. On the up side, I cut up 10 yards for those 4 strippies I started on at Koleen's Sit and Sew on Halloween. Now I have to get busy and finish them!

Here's the Stash Manager's Report:

Fabric used this week: 10 yards
Fabric used year to date: 174-3/4 yards
Fabric added this week: 19-1/2 yards
Fabric added year to date: 330-7/8 yards
Net year to date: - 156-1/8 yards

2 comments:

Shari said...

Hi Sue

I find the concept of stash reports interesting. Is it hard to figure out what you use when you only take a single cut off a FQ? $10 a yard seems cheap to me when we pay $20 to $30 for quality, $10 to $20 for medium and occasionally $5 on super-sale. I definitely need to adopt the stash-busting mentality as I can barely move amongst the fabric boxes and forget what I have! Fabric is just such a pleasure to have and touch and look at! More calming than a glass of wine after work that's for sure! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Cheers, Shari

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Another goos 'stash manager' report and double digit use of fabric...always a good thing :)