Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Stash Report

Several weeks ago, our local quilt chapter conducted a workshop to make some lap quilts for donation. I took fabric home with me from the workshop and have been working in earnest making quilts since Friday. Besides the two quilts in the photo which are now completed, I've finished three other strippy tops and cut kits for two more. Although I did bring home fabric for the strippies, I contributed some from the stash to complete a couple of the kits, plus some of the backings.

My goal for the week is to get the other five strippies completed, so I can get back to my other projects, including the miniature quilt I had hoped to finish last week.

I actually blogged about both of the quilts in the photo a long, long time ago, and it feels good to get them done. These will be my completed quilts for the One Project a Month Challenge.

Here's the Stash Manager's Report:

Fabric used this week: 9-1/2 yards
Fabric used year to date: 37-3/4 yards
Fabric added last week: 16-1/2 yards
Fabric added year to date: 58-1/2 yards

Net used year to date: -20-3/4 yards

Still in the red, but at this same time last year, I was 54 yards in the hole. That's improvement, but the Shop Hop is at the end of the week, so it'll probably get worse before it gets better!

5 comments:

Shari said...

The quilts look great. It feels good to community quilts.

Have fun with the shop hop. That does sound interesting and very organised!

Margo in Maine said...

Quilts look great....it was a fun day and the excitement it generated was great....looking forward to our shop hop Thurs...see you then

Judy S. said...

One of my blogging friends calls her stash her 401K! And then there's the yarn stash...... Love those quilts; they're very pretty.

Stephanie D said...

Oh, they're lovely! Someone will really love these!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Great looking quilts. I think your stash report looks JUST FINE!!