Sunday, May 24, 2009

The 32-Hour Bag

It didn't really take me that long to make this tiny bag, but it sure felt like it! I picked up the pattern on the Shop Hop we did a few weeks ago, and my good friend Kay and I worked on it together at a Casey's Quilters meeting.

It was the zipper on the top of the bag that gave me fits. I ripped it out four different times because I just wasn't happy with either the placement or the amount of bulk in the seam. I was much happier once I figured out a different way to install it. I could whip one of these together pretty quickly now!

I used squares left over from the Charm Party tote I made last September. That tote has becoming my knitting bag, so I'll fill this little pouch with knitting notions and throw it in the tote.

Credit where credit is due: Sweet Stuff design by This and That Patterns

8 comments:

Kim Brackett said...

I love the little bag AND the tote. Great job! I'm not sure if I would even remember how to sew a zipper!

Isn't it much more fun to sew with a friend? I used to work in the same office with my best quilting friend, and we would sew on our lunch hour. I really miss working with her.

Becky said...

Good looking bags. I don't even try zippers anymore. I'm impressed that you put a zipper in the little bag. It really is cute.

Unknown said...

Love those bags fantastic job .

Judy S. said...

Very cute, Sue. It looks really useful, too! Maybe for all the little knitting extras since your tote is a knitting bag?

Teresa said...

Cute little bags! I need to get busy & make a couple of little bags for the grand daughters... Hope life is calming down. My machines have been unplugged for 3 weeks now. I think it's time to hibernate in my sewing room for awhile!

Margo in Maine said...

The little bag is so cute...glad you conquered it...I have not put a zipper in for a loooong time!!! I try to stay away from them...although I do like the looks..by the way your quilting on the strippy below is nice...M

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Remember to write your own notes right on the pattern instructions so next time around you will remember what you did! Who knows - you might want to make some as gifts. It is a great bag combo for knitting! Great job. Cheers! Evelyn

Stephanie D said...

It's been a long time since I put in a zipper--and I've never done it on a bag, so I'm impressed! Love the tote bag!