Saturday, March 6, 2010

I'm Back

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted, huh? Three weeks ago right when I was really on a roll, I had a bout of sciatica, an inflammation of the sciatic nerve which begins in the lower spine and runs down the back of each leg. The pain radiates over the buttock and rear thigh and can extend into the calf and foot. For me I suppose it is another first in the inexorable march towards old(er) age.

Anyway, I was out of commission for a full week and had to take it pretty easy for another week before I felt like myself again. Sitting down was especially painful, so there was no sewing, no blogging, no computer. You can't keep a good quilter down for long though, and I stood for hours and handpieced. I finished a couple more hexagon blocks and will post those tomorrow, along with the block for this week.

I finished more pillowcases before the sciatica, and last week I was back in the sewing room going full bore. I have two projects with a May 1 deadline, a baby quilt to be finished by August, and the Star Crazy BOM to get caught up with, and I'll be dedicating myself to those in the upcoming weeks. Oh yes, in another burst of enthusiasm I started three more knitting projects!

No comments: