Sunday, March 29, 2020

OMG for March Done

I have had an uptick in spam comments over the last three months, so additional steps have been taken with comment moderation to combat it. Speaking of comments, I have been unable to leave comments on the blogs I like to read for many weeks now. When I try to leave a comment, I can click on Comment as Google account or Comment as Name/Url, and I haven't been able to get anything to work. I HAVE a Google account. I AM logged in. For the life of me I can't figure out how to make it work. It is beyond frustrating! If anyone knows a solution, please share.

The coronavirus pandemic is making me nuts right along with everybody else. Our lives are on hold for the foreseeable future. Grocery store shelves are so bare that it's downright scary. We can't get toilet paper, sanitizing wipes, flour, yeast, canned vegetables, canned fruit. There doesn't seem to be a problem with fresh produce or fresh meats though--yet. Over the counter medications are sketchy. If people would scale back their hoarding, there would be plenty to go around. At least I haven't heard that anybody has starved to death yet. I can't see my kids or my granddaughter. Last Monday we had 89 cases of COVD-19 in Maine, today it was up to 253. No, it's not New York, but there's no getting around the fact that it's going to get worse. Truthfully, it's surreal.

I finished Nature Walk this afternoon, which was my One Monthly Goal for March. This is supposed to be for my granddaughter, but I like the colors so much I may keep it for myself, lol.

To see what others have finished for the month of March, click here
I quilted it with a dragonfly pantograph in grey thread, but it turned out a little busier than I expected. Still love it.

Credit where credit is due: Nature Walk by Tamara Kate Designs. 

I washed the backing for my Star Crazy quilt today, and I should probably get that loaded and start the quilting on it, but I'm waffling. I should also get back to the Spinning Pinwheels, but I'm waffling.

I started this Sashed Tumblers quilt using a bunch of scraps left over from the Yankee Puzzle quilts my quilt chapter made last spring, and this is really what I want to be working on at the moment. No one else in the chapter seems to be interested in using the scraps, and since I'd like to not continue to store them, I started this quilt. It's another of Missouri Star Quilt Company's tutorials. I have all of the tumblers sewn into rows, only need to add the sashing between the rows, no borders on this one. I may have to add a couple more rows to make it a little longer, but I'll assess after I get the rest of it together.

I also finished the Missouri Two Step quilt earlier in the month. Another one with fabrics I love. This one IS for me.

I quilted it with the same dragonfly pantograph I used on Nature Walk.

Credit where credit is due: Two Step tutorial by Missouri Star Quilt Co.

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

ooh the nature walk is soo pretty and thanks for the scrappy inspiration...missouri two-step just might go on my list...i agree about hoarders...pox on them!

Chantal said...

Congratulation! You got a lot done. Love, love Nature Walk. Tumblers is very interesting with the sashing. I don't think I've seen one like this before. Awesome work.
It is very scary times. Stay safe. ;^)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm having the same trouble leaving comments on the blogs with the embedded comment box. I have a google account too and am signed in but it won't recognize me. If everyone would change to this pop up window comment box like you and I have, I could leave comments everywhere.

Patty said...

Great quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Julie Fukuda said...

I sure do love all those scrappy quilts. It blows me away to see how quickly you whip these all together. I especially love that Nature Walk.