Thursday, March 5, 2020

OMG for March

Busy, busy, this past week, wondered if I could make time to get the OMG post up. My goal for March is to finish the Nature Walk quilt.

To see what projects others are working on in March, click here.

Here is a close up of a couple blocks. I like the line drawings for the alphabet letters. Perfect for a little girl.

Yesterday I was tasked to present a demonstration on paper piecing for my quilt group. I've done this demonstration 6 or more times, so this time I changed it up a little and did a freezer paper piecing demo. Four pieces in each half of the section, quick and easy.

Four of these sections together will in turn make a Spinning Pinwheel block. Nine Pinwheel Blocks will make a 36" square quilt, which will be perfect for another donation.

I am keeping the yellow and green constant throughout, the rest of the block is scrappy. I only have a fat quarter of the yellow, and if I have enough, I'll make a few extra blocks, and set them 3 x 4 for a little big larger quilt. This year our chapter is donating to Margaret Murphy Centers, and they're looking for larger quilts for their center in Lewiston for nap times and such.

2 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Love this quilt! It would be perfect for a little girl but I think any little boy would love it too. Gorgeous!

Patty said...

Great quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.