Sunday, November 27, 2022

One More November Finish

I should probably change the photo in my header since fall has gone by; but I love the colors, so I'll leave it up a while longer.

I finished quilting Sashed Tumblers the other day and got it bound yesterday. Every bit of the fabric in this quilt came out of the chapter stash bin, including the binding. Tacoma Lakes Quilters made a raffle quilt in 2020 for a quilt show we intended to have, which never happened because of the pandemic. For whatever reason, the group that worked on the quilt made yards and yards of binding, and there was more than enough left over to use on this quilt too. And there's still some left over. 

The piecing was simple, so I chose a simple pantograph, Ebb and Flow from Hermione Agee; and I like how it turned out. Plus it was pretty quick to quilt.

The backing came out of Tacoma's scrap bin too. The tan print had been kicking around for years, and I used all of it up on the back of this quilt. Just a few scraps left over from the overage. 

This block is from a quilt design called Dart by Amy's Creative Side. I think I found it on Pinterest. I liked it so much that I had to make a block just to try it out.

And just like that, another UFO was born. 

Amy wrote a blog post about the Dart quilt here, and of course there's a photo of the whole quilt. The block looks simple, but it makes a great design when a bunch of them are all sewn together. Must make this!

 I recently discovered Cynthia Brunz's blog, and I have spent quite a lot of time reading her old posts. She has some wonderful ideas for scrap quilts, some of which I definitely would like to make at some point. She also hosts a link up on Sundays, so I'm linking today's post to her blog. 

Linking up:

Quilting is more fun than Housework

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Congratulations on this great finish! Some great prints in there. Kudos for using up all the tan print too. I have to go check Amy's blog because this Dart block is intriguing to me. Enjoy! ;^)

Nann said...

Hi, Sue-- thanks for visiting my blog this week!