Friday, December 2, 2022

Wiggle Time Oceana

It snow showered here again the other day, so I caved and put a more wintry photo in the header. Not looking forward to winter particularly because I am cold All. The. Time. But I hate the heat more, so I'll live with it.

Advent calendar Day 1 - how fun it is to start opening little quilt gifties! Day 1 was this glass ornament representing one of the Missouri Star Quilt Co buildings. 

Day 2, which was today, is a Moda charm pack with a Christmas theme, but on the label it says "custom project charm pack". It is not a complete collection by Bonnie and Camille; rather there are fewer prints with lots of duplicates. I think there's a project sheet in one of the other packages for this charm pack. 

I've been very good lately at rotating through the same five or six projects without going off into left field somewhere. That's discipline. For me. The temperature quilt is one of those, and the month of November has been completed and sewn to the other three months. November turned out to be an interesting looking month. 

 

Sashed Tumblers was another one of those projects, and that one is finished now. I was going to load my Ribbon Candy top next, but I'm going to wait now until I finish Wiggle Time. The Construction Zone quilt is going to a little boy in the family, and it occurred to me that I should probably make up a quilt for his older sister. It takes time, however, for an idea to percolate; and at this late date, it had to be something fast. Finally I remembered Cynthia Brunz's Wiggle Time quilt, and that popped into the rotation. 

Cynthia's design is set 4 blocks x 5 for a quilt that finishes to 48" x 54". I needed for mine to be larger because the sister is 12, so I bought some extra fabric to set the blocks 5 x 7 for a quilt that will finish to 60" x 74". I think that will be just about right. 


The collection is Oceana by QT Fabrics, an ocean themed bunch of fabrics with turtles, seashells, seahorses, seaweed, and some beautiful tone on tones. I'm only using 7 of the fabrics in the collection, so there is plenty left for a couple more projects. 

The sister couldn't decide if aqua or cobalt blue was her favorite color. I think I've covered all the bases with this coloration, lol. 

I hope to finish the last two rows I need tonight; then maybe tomorrow I can hunt up some background fabric and get it loaded on the longarm. 

After that I'll get the Ribbon Candy quilt top loaded. And I'll keep working on the parts for the other five quilts in my rotation--the temperature quilt, my Y2K quilt, a couple of Bonnie Hunter projects, and the Shattered Angles quilt. I may have to slip in some bowl cozies for the kids for Christmas. These were promised last summer, and I still haven't got to them.

1 comment:

Chantal said...

Those are cute little gifts from the Advent Calendar. How many people can brag that they have a Missouri Star decoration on their tree? It's also fun to see your temperature quilt grow. Aqua or Cobolt Blue? This girl knows her colours. I love the fabrics you picked for her quilt. It will be awesome. Enjoy! ;^)