I did really well with my stashbusting this week. In fact, this is the most fabric I've used in a single week since I started keeping track. I did add 14 yards from our little shop hop on Monday, but I still used more than I added. Backings do the trick!
I used a couple of yards for the borders for the Orange Crush quilt, I cut and pieced the backings for two quilts this week, I used up about 4 yards of muslin for a practice quilt, and I cut up a couple of yards for the workshop project Casey's Quilters will be working on this coming weekend. I'll be cutting the rest of the fabric for that project this week.
Our workshop project, called Theresa's Stars, is one Kay found in an old issue of Quiltmaker magazine. It's a huge quilt--36 blocks--but I think most of us are paring that down to 30 or fewer blocks. It's a scrappy, quick pieced quilt, and I'll be using a small collection of Christmas fat quarters I've accumulated. It'll be fun!
Here's the Stash Manager's Report:
Fabric used this week: 19 yards
Fabric used year to date: 152-3/4 yards
Fabric added this week: 14 yards
Fabric added year to date: 296-3/8 yards
Net year to date: - 143-5/8 yards