Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments on my Orange Crush quilt. I really like busy quilts, partly because I enjoy just looking at all the different fabrics so much. The pantograph I want to use to quilt it did arrive, but late in the week. By then I was busy cutting fabrics for my weekend workshop project, Theresa's Stars, which I'll have pictures of tomorrow. This one is pretty busy too.
This week I bought 5 yards for the borders of Theresa's Stars, and I thought that was going to be it for the week. However my good friend Sherry had a bolt of fabric, a white background with a little gold leaf, that she was trying to get rid of. Evidently the printing was off on the whole bolt because the leaves were supposed to be outlined in gold, and not all of them were. I noticed later that the gold is flaking off too, and hopefully a good wash will take care of that. Anyway, I thought it would be just fine for a backing, so I came home with 10 yards from the bolt. I also used 6 yards for the workshop project plus another 6 yards for 2 practice quilts.
Here's the Stash Manager's Report:
Fabric used this week: 12 yards
Fabric used year to date: 164-3/4 yards
Fabric added this week: 15 yards
Fabric added year to date: 311-3/8 yards
Net year to date: - 146-5/8 yards
This week I hope to get the Theresa's Stars top all together, then spend the rest of the week working on some machine quilting.