Saturday, January 31, 2009

First Finish for 2009

I've said it before, I'm a procrastinator from way back, and I put off quilting this small watercolor quilt for at least.... 9 years. I made it my project for the One Project a Month challenge. And in the spirit of procrastination, I waited until January 26 to get started quilting it. And now it's done! Made it just under the wire!

I couldn't decide whether to use monofilament or regular thread to quilt it, and I finally decided to use a 100 weight thread called Invisafil. I can't remember now if it's polyester or cotton, but I like the way it looks on my watercolor squares. I'll be using it again.

10 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations on your finishing the quilt!! Looks great!

Exuberant Color said...

I haven't heard of that thread. I still have 3 colorwash quilts to quilt so I think I will check into it. I'm not a big fan of monofilament.

Julia said...

Congratulations on your finishing the quilt!...great feeling to have a finish..
looks lovely.
Julia ♥

Stephanie D. said...

Way to go, Sue! You might just get booted out of Procrastinators Anonymous if you keep making deadlines like this!

Shari said...

Congratulations on a finished project! This looks like an interesting quilt.

Gina said...

great quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Barb D said...

You go girl!! Did you finish your socks?

Pat said...

Good job on your first finish of 2009! Feels good to check it off the 'to-do' list!

Margo said...

Beautfiful colors...great job...never have heard of invisafil!! WISP ....don't you feel good.....

jovaliquilts said...

I've never heard of invisifil, but it sounds good. Where do you get it?