Sunday, January 11, 2009

Star BOM Blocks 5-12

Here are the rest of the blocks (except one) from Judy Laquidara's Star BOM project. I changed the color placement in a few of these, and I also changed the pattern a little bit in blocks 8 and 11 to suit me. For the last block, I'll be using a star in a star like Judy's, but I'm orienting it a bit differently.

Of all the colors in the spectrum, orange is my least favorite color, but I learned to appreciate it after making Bonnie Hunter's Orange Crush. Purple and yellow are also colors I'm not especially fond of, but I'm enjoying working with them in this quilt. This is a nice set of blocks, and I've had fun making them.

After the last block is made, I'm going to start working on the sashing, then after that start working on the paper pieced ribbon border. That should keep me busy for a while!

5 comments:

Lurline said...

Oh, you are a busy girl today - love your quilt!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This is a cheerful set of blocks to brighten winter days. It sounds like the border will be pretty. I like the ribbon borders.

Vicki W said...

Your stars look great! I love your colors. I hope to get mine caught up later this month.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

The stars are turning out great! Wonderful cheery colors for the winter weather!

Barb D said...

That is beautiful!! I am so far behind on mine, but hope to catch up before the next block instructions are posted. I gave up trying to add to her site - that Mr. Linky thing gave me fits!! But I do want to finish the quilt.