Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Stash Report

I got alot more done this week than I expected to, but I didn't get this little strippy loaded as I'd planned. The yardage was already counted in last year's totals, so nothing gained there. Along with finishing this top, my little crosstitch ornament, and the pillowcases, I also finished 12 of the 13 Star Block of the Month blocks. The last block has been cut out, so I've now used a total of 4-3/8 yards in these blocks. I also received a Keepsake medley in my mail this week, which added a yard and a half.

Here is the Stash Manager's Report:

Fabric used this week: 4-3/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 6-5/8
Fabric added this week: 1-/2 yards
Fabric added year to date: 1-1/2 yards
Net year to date: 5-1/8 yards

This week I'd like to quilt my strippy and bind it, finish the last Star block, and start piecing one of these hexagon blocks. You may have noticed a new logo in my side bar for the Great Hexagon Quilt Along. This is a new blog started by a couple of quilters who were interested in making this hexagon quilt. Other quilters were invited to participate in recreating this quilt or working on a hexagon project of their choosing. I've been interested in working on some kind of handpieced quilt like this for quite a while, so I decided to give it a whirl. Thanks to Robyn at DaisyQuilts for doing this.

1 comment:

Gayle Bong said...

Hi Sue, I love this hexagon quilt. I am going to start one too. I did start that grandmothers flower garden quilt, but really don't care as much for the 1930's prints as much as I do the 1880's. also like this funny diamond shapes more. So how far are you with yours, 8 months later!?