This quilt was a pattern I tested for The Quilted Cardinal nearly two years ago. I never fully assembled the top because I didn't like the navy blue bits in it, and I knew it would take me considerable time to rip it all out; and as I've said, I hate ripping. So I stuck it in the cabinet, and it became a UFO.
Several days ago when I was considering what I might like to accomplish in my sewing room this year, I decided it was high time to get this quilt finished. This is what the quilt looked like before I removed the navy blue. While I was at it, I decided to take out the dark green too and a piece of red in one of the center pinwheels that seemed distracting.
Here is the quilt now with the first border attached, and I like it so much better. The last border will be a crazy pieced border, and then it will be ready for quilting.