Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hexie #36

It's been nearly two years since I worked on my hexagon blocks, so it was high time to get back to them. I don't know why they ever fell by the wayside because I really like handpiecing. I also don't know what made me think of them, but I'm glad I dug them out again. Actually I do. I wanted to use those civil war reproduction fabrics in another project, but I didn't want to shortchange myself, so if I just get the blocks done, that will free up the fabric. In the short term, guess I'll have to buy more civil war repros. Good rationalization, huh?

The original quilt that started it all required 82 full-size blocks plus some half-sized blocks for the edges, and for now I'll stick to that plan.   Hexie #35 was the last one I finished in August 2010, so I have quite a ways to go. You can see all the other hexagon blocks I've made, plus the original quilt, if you click on the "Hexagons" label in the sidebar.

My goal at the time was to complete one hexagon block a week, and that worked reasonably well, so I'll stay with it. I finished this hexagon Sunday night, so it was for last week. I only have a few seams left to stitch to finish the one for this week.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the diamond shape with the repro fabrics. After I finish my GFG with 30's prints, maybe that will be the next hexie project with CW prints.

Thanks for sharing!

Purple Pam said...

I am happy, happy, happy to see your new hexie! VBG!

Judy S. said...

Your hexies are such a cool shape! Should make an interesting quilt. Love the socks! Did you figure out the stem stitch thing?