This is my lone finish for July--a strippy I wanted to use for some machine quilting practice. Because the focus fabric in the quilt was bugs, I thought it would be cute to use a pantograph with bugs, and I found this one with dragonflies at the Willow Leaf site. I was a little worried about trying to stitch the dragonfly head and those tight curves between the wings, but it turned out just fine. Doing a pantograph is a little like riding a bike--it doesn't take long to get back into the swing of it.
I must have bought ten yards of this bug fabric--found it at an auction held by a local quilt chapter a few years back. I've already used some of it to make a couple of strippies that have probably showed up on the blog before. I have another one on the frame now, and I think I may have about four more cut out and ready to sew. I have a different chunk of bug fabric with a black background that I probably bought at the same auction that's already been made up into a couple of strippies. I'll be glad when I've used up all the bug fabric.