Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter


Happy Easter to all who celebrate the holiday.

This is a small quilt I finished last year, called Easter Egg Hunt by the Quilted Cardinal. Although you can't really see it very well, the border in between the two golds is a fabric with easter eggs on it; and those are the colors used in the rest of the quilt.

The crazy pieced block element and borders were a recurring theme in Koleen's pattern line last year; and they're fun to do and use up lots of scraps. I machine appliqued the flowers and leaves with a buttonhole stitch, and I just love how that looks.

I have a lot to blog about today, but I also have a lot of work to do to finish up the latest quilt I'm working on; so I'll be going back and forth between the computer and sewing machine today.
Credit where credit is due:
Easter Egg Hunt quilt design by Koleen Painchaud, The Quilted Cardinal

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I made my daughter an Easter dress out of that Easter egg fabric. So pretty, although she out grew it years ago I have it in a box to use for a quilt someday....
My speech turned out fine, I got some compliments...but is anyone going to say, 'what a lousy talk?' They laughed at my little bit of humor, I didn't cry so I think it went pretty good.