Saturday, March 1, 2008

Quiltathon

I lost my focus this week and managed to get almost nothing done in my sewing room, bouncing from one thing to another without really moving forward. The ironing mat was a simple project; and I was determined not to let that become a UFO, so that did get done.

I expected to go to the machine quilter's skill builder workshop this morning, but it was cancelled because... you guessed it, we're having another snowstorm. We had 7 inches this past Tuesday, and another 9-16+ inches is expected throughout the day today. That actually worked out pretty well, because it gives me a jump start on what I was hoping to accomplish over the weekend.

Tomorrow I have another workshop scheduled, and we're making a Turning Twenty top. I was never fond of this pattern, but it will serve several purposes, busting more stash and practicing machine quilting. I'd like to give this to my niece for her little girl. I've always wanted to make a blue and yellow quilt, so those are the colors I'll be using.

This weekend I would like to:
  • Finish the Scrappy Bargello top and quilt it
  • Quilt another small lap quilt that has been a UFO since last year
  • Wash and cut the fabrics for the Turning Twenty (today)
  • Make the Turning Twenty top (tomorrow)

That doesn't sound like much, does it? But it still might be a stretch for me; because as I've mentioned before, I'm a turtle in the sewing room. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

If memory serves me right...the turtle wins the race. The steady pace will get your quilts done and have fun today and tomorow!