The Star BOM is coming right along. All the blocks and sashing strips have now been sewn into rows, but I haven't sewn the rows together yet. This week my goal is to get the first couple of borders on and start on Border 3, the ribbon border. It's foundation pieced, something I like to do very much and don't spend enough time doing.
My husband and I had a conversation about this quilt the other day. He said it reminded him of Easter. All I can think about when I'm working with these colors is spring flowers--crocus, hyacinths, tulips. My son said it made him think of spring time, which seemed like a good name for the quilt--Springtime Stars.
When I cut for the sashing strips, I also cut all the border pieces as well and busted almost 7 yards from my stash. Yeah!
Here's the Stash Manager's Report:
Fabric used this week: 6-3/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 15-7/8 yards
Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric added year to date: 4-1/2 yards
Net used year to date: 11-3/8 yards