Monday, August 4, 2008

Star BOM

Yes, I know I said I wasn't going to do Judy Laquidara's Star Block of the Month (BOM), but the more I thought about it the more I really wanted to do it. It usually *is* more fun to do it as part of a group. And as my good friend Barbara pointed out, surely I can make time to do one block every two weeks.

So I went shopping today and bought these fabrics. I thought I'd make it easy on myself and use all batiks. I'm also using the same colors Judy is using. Purple, lime green, and cheddar are really a stretch for me, but I think I'll like it in the end. Although it looks like there's enough contrast between the purples in the photo, I'm still not quite sure about the two in the middle. I'd be happy if anyone would offer an opinion. There are plenty of purple batiks out there, and I can always switch them out, if need be.

Tomorrow I'll wash and press these and get started on Block 1.

4 comments:

Margo in Maine said...

So glad you are joining us....I conquered the #1 block...colorsI chose should be interesting for me....the green/yellow is really stretching me...after finishing lst block think it will work...like your colors...it has been fun to look at the others...

Vicki W said...

Glad you are joining in and these fabrics will be beautiful for it!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I think your colors are pretty. Best thing to do is just make the block to check for the contrast and if you aren't happy with the finished block - then switch out a color.
Cheers!
Evelyn

Barb D said...

I'm glad you decided to participate! I like your fabrics -stick with them!