This week I used about 8 yards for the backing for Koleen's quilt, plus another 7/8 yard for the binding strips, which are cut and waiting for the quilt to come back from the machine quilters.
The yardage requirements for the Galaxy of Stars quilt require about 1/6 yard for each fabric used in the blocks. Rather than try to calulate how much fabric is in each block, I'm reporting the entire sixth of a yard for each fabric I start cutting into as I construct the blocks. I'll report the background fabric when I finish all of them. So for this week, I finished four blocks, four fabrics per block, for a total of about 2-2/3 yards.
For once my procrastination paid off. I didn't get around to ordering my bolt of muslin right away, until I got an email from Hancock's offering a free shipping promotion, and then it was a done deal. The bolt of muslin arrived last week, along with the additional Kaffe Fassett fabrics I ordered. I also received a Rainbow medley of the month from Keepsake Quilting this past week.
Here's the Stash Manager's Report:
Fabric used this week: 11-1/2 yards
Fabric used year to date: 112-7/8 yards
Fabric added this week: 27-1/2 yards
Fabric added year to date: 210-5/8 yards
Net year to date: - 97-3/4 yards
Stop laughing, Barbara!