Friday, February 8, 2008

A Snowy Week

We've had snow every day this week except Monday, shortly before daybreak, which has made for a difficult commute to work for lots of folks, including me. I like it when it snows, and normally I don't mind driving in it; but we've also had some icing this week too, and it's been treacherous driving at times.

I got up this morning, and sure enough, it was snowing again. It snowed all day with no let up, even so we didn't have much additional accumulation.

While I was watching the snow fall this afternoon, I happened to catch this fellow in the burning bush outside my bedroom window, a flash of color in an otherwise gray landscape. He was all puffed up, trying to stay warm, I guess. A female cardinal was roosting a few branches away, but I couldn't get a picture of them together before they flew off.

There's another storm rolling in tomorrow night with more significant snowfall, but no totals predicted yet.

No comments: