I worked some more on my Quilt For An Hour project this week. I'm counting 1-1/4 yards for the nine patches and 1-7/8 yards for the cream background. Since this is my first week counting, and since I bought the red last year just for this project, I won't bother myself about it.
I also started Bonnie's Scrappy Trips Around the World this afternoon. I'm making my blocks 5 squares x 5 squares, instead of 6 x 6, since I already had a couple blocks made from a while back when I was experimenting with it. I'd like to make 20 blocks, in a 4 x 5 layout, and I've got the strips all cut. That's another 2-1/4 yards, for a total this week of 5-3/8 yards.
Gosh, that's more than I would have thought. I can't remember that I've bought any fabric yet this year; so if I keep this up, I might actually make some headway.
This week I'd like to get the borders on the Quilt for an Hour, cut the backing, and get it over to my machine quilter's. I'd also like to finish the Scrappy Trips blocks. I'm very slow at sewing, so if I get these two tops done this week, I'll be doing very well!