Thursday, May 27, 2010

Christmas Lights


Yesterday I worked on Quilt #3 in my rotation, which is Bonnie Hunter's "Christmas Lights" quilt that appeared last year in Quiltmaker as a mystery quilt. It's been sitting on my design wall since then, and I finally got the last 8 blocks sewn together. Next time I work on it I'll be sewing the rows together.

Later in the day, I realized one of the four patch units in the bottom row was turned the wrong way, but it's fixed now. I wish all my mistakes were so easy to correct.

6 comments:

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

OK, I understand how this happened. It took me two looks and extended study to find it. I've done this before, and guess what I haven't fixed it and it's been more than 2 years. I hope you're not as lazy as me! The quilt is beautiful. Great colors!

Margo in Maine said...

Have not checked in on you lately...busy gal...pretty quilt...I painted my kitchen with black and making curtains...so busy with this and that...see you today...you baby sweater cute too...but I do not see error...you can tell me...you always do great work...

Judy S. said...

Some weeks are like that, I guess. Love the quilt despite the error which was really hard to find. As for the sweater, you've stumped me on that one!

Purple Pam said...

It is only a small four patch. I would not have noticed it except that you said there was one out of order. I would keep it like it is and enjoy the design change! *VBS*

Lori said...

oh, it's not sewn together completely yet, so it's any easy fix. And I don't knit, so I wouldn't have a clue what was wrong, or how to fix the sweater!

Stephanie D said...

It took me several minutes to find the error in the quilt, so it's really not a glaring error. Of course, it will probably always jump out at you, so do what makes you happy!