Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May Finish

The deadline for the Morningstar quilt challenge was today, and I put the last stitch into the binding at 8:00 am. We had a lovely show and tell of fifteen Morningstar quilts at the Tacoma Lakes meeting this morning, and there were a few we hadn't seen before. The ladies all did a great job.

I used the Frisky Feathers pantograph from Willow Leaf for the quilting. Since I hadn't stitched it before, I practiced on a little strippy first. Still have to bind the strippy, and it will become a donation quilt.








I like to play around with my quilt labels, and I get bored pretty quickly with the same ones every time. The other day I happened to see a post on the Selvage Blog about a quilter who used some selvages in her label. I still like my embroidered labels the best, but it did occur to me to use the selvage from the border fabric to bind one edge of the label. I like having both the copyright date and the color dots on this selvage.

Yes, I know tomorrow is May 6--I actually finished a day early. Too late to change it now!



























7 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a cute quilt!

Margo in Maine said...

Love the idea of the selvage...the quilts are stunning...each one so different....fits each personality..love it...

Joan said...

Love that label...and the quilt too of course :)

Elsie Montgomery said...

A Day Early - now if I could do that with all my deadlines! Nice finish!!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Great label and I love your quilt. The colors make me happy!

Judy S. said...

Fabulous, Sue. Love the label, a very cute idea.

Teresa said...

Cute idea for a label... Your quilt looks great. I'm home from visiting Jill & Tired!!!