Friday, May 14, 2010

Star Crazy BOM, May

With this set of blocks, I'm all caught up now and glad for it. I like these little 4-inch blocks in the centers so much that I'm tempted to start a miniature quilt. I bought a couple of Fat Quarter Quilting patterns by Lori Smith on our road trip Wednesday that make up into small quilts 16" x 20", and the blocks finish at 4 inches square. They're so cute!

There were 15 of us that went on the road trip to Pickering Farms quilt shop in New Hampshire, and we did have a great time. The owner Diana has a great collections of 30s reproductions, Civil War prints, and more; and I stocked up on the Civil War prints. Most of the new ones are for an upcoming mystery quilt I want to do.

8 comments:

Judy S. said...

These are pretty too. Are they 8" finished? Sounds like you had a nice road trip!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Beautiful blocks! Can't wait to see your miniature quilts.

Stephanie D said...

Hmmm, I see what you mean about the centers--they'd make a cute quilt in themselves!

Nancy said...

Does Pickering Farms have a website? I'm always looking for a good source of 30's and CW repros.

Hugs!

Joan said...

Minature quilt sounds lovely - I do like that block you have just done.

Kim Brackett said...

Your blocks are beautiful, and the piecing looks so perfect! Sounds like you had a run trip.

Margo in Maine said...

Pretty, pretty...it was fun travelling to Pickering Farms...a great shop...

Beth French said...

I haven't heard of Pickering Farms. Sounds like an interesting place.