I wanted to use more of a pinkish red instead of the red for the two blocks in the lower right corner, but hubby preferred the red, and besides I didn't want to have to buy more fabric. I only bought a yard of border fabric, and everything else came from the stash.
I'm using up four plus yards of muslin in this quilt, which makes me happy. Nearly all of it has been given to me, and I have a kitchen-sized trash bag full of it. To look at the bag, you wouldn't know I dug four yards out of it. If I ever use it all up, I won't be taking any more muslin!
Last night I took another bug strippy off the frame--same focus fabric, same dragonfly pantograph. It will be bound in the yellow fabric, and I hope to get this done in the next couple days.
This little red squirrel thinks he is so smart to figure out how to get up onto the bird feeder. And he is, darnit! I've had an awful time trying to keep the gray squirrels off the feeder this summer, and now this little guy. We've tried so many different things to dissuade them; and we finally resorted to, uh, relocating them. It's maddening to be outsmarted by a squirrel!
Today, instead of sewing, I have to pretend like I want to do some serious housework, because the dust bunnies are threatening to take over. If I get the binding attached to the strippy tonight, I'll be happy. Have a good day, all.