I wish the picture was a little better, but I lost a lot of space in my sewing room when I brought the long arm in. My design wall is actually 6 feet by 12 feet--an awesome space in which to work--but there are too many things in the way of it now to get a good photograph the way I used to. I may eventually move my longarm into another space, but for now this is it.
The landscaper has been here all week. We asked him to pull out about 6 stumps of lilac bushes that we cut down because they were old and overgrown, and he tilled up most of the yard on the one side of our front walkway, leveled several areas, put down new topsoil, limed, fertilized, and seeded. Our job now is to keep the area moist so the seed will sprout. It is astonishing how much space the lilac bushes and a former garden took up in the yard; and now the yard is so open and looks so much larger. Because the landscaper scraped off the top few inches of dirt, I'm hoping that will solve the problem with the wild violets.
On the other side of the front walkway, however, we have seeded and overseeded some areas, and I've spent hours digging out dandelions and wild violets. They seem to sprout up and spread overnight, but we are on the attack now with some herbicide and just plain hard work digging them out. We WILL get the upper hand!